5.08.2006

Maggie talks about her role in United 93

In an interview in the New York Post today, Maggie Gyllenhaal talks about the stir she created after making comments in 2005 about the U.S.'s role in the 9/11 attacks. She was set for her role as a Port Authority officer's wife in Oliver's Stone's film United 93 when she said in a 2005 interview that the U.S. "is responsible in some way" for the attacks. After the interview, Gyllenhaal realized she wanted to explain her statement to Allison Jimeno, the woman she was to play in the film, as well as the Jimeno's husband. "I wanted to tell them the absolute truth of what I meant," she said. "If they still didn't want me to play Allison after that, then I wouldn't have." The Mona Lisa star was nervous to speak with them. "I was shaking," she told the Post. After a long talk, Jimeno said, "Right away, both [her husband] and I felt comfortable with her and realized how sincere and passionate she is. We had no problem with her in this movie."

No comments: