5.05.2006

Nicole Richie opens up

Some excerpts from Nicole Richie's Vanity Fair interview:

On her ex-friendship with Paris: "We never had a fight. I just decided I didn't want to be her friend anymore. We're just two completely different people - we don't have that much in common. I really don't have anything horrible to say about her. When I got out of rehab, I had to figure out what path to go down, and part of that included taking certain people out of my life... When Paris made her little announcement that 'Nicole knows what she did,' I didn't really understand what that was about, because we hadn't been friends in such a long time. I can only guess that she had House of Wax coming out."

On heroin: "To me it was the epitome of caring about absolutely nothing. There were points when my mom would come home and scream at me about something, and I literally didn't care about anything. It was like watching a really dramatic movie with the volume turned down. I thought I was getting away with everything, when the reality was that I was arrested three times and had five car accidents. Two were totals."

On being sober: "Part of the reason I don't really talk about being sober is that I don't want to feel the pressure of being a role model. I am learning so much about myself that for me to tell other people what to do in their lives is something I'm not really fit to do. I'm a work in progress. I'm not 'there' yet. I don't know whether I'll ever be 'there.'"

On her career: "I never wanted to be on television. I always wanted to be a singer. I always wanted to do Broadway."


No comments: