7.05.2006

Ashley's battle with depression

Ashley Judd is sharing her battle with depression with the public and recently told Glamour magazine about her stay in a 47-day program at a treatment center in Texas. "I needed help. I was in so much pain," the actress tells the mag, and admits she slept and cleaned compulsively in an effort to fight the disease. "Supposedly, my sister was the 'messed-up' one, and I was the 'perfect' one," Judd says, but while visiting her sister Wynonna, who was being treated for food addiction at the Shades of Hope treatement center, that counselors noticed Ashley's emotional problems. "They said, 'No one ever does an intervention on people like you. You look too good. You're too smart and together. But you [and Wynonna] come from the same family, so you come from the saem wound.' No one had ever validated my pain before," the actress says. Judd says her treatment helped her 4-year marriage to race car driver Dario Franchetti, and of her cleanliness compulsion, she says, "Now I try to remind myself that if I engage in perfectionism, I am abusing myself."

No comments: