7.11.2006

Devil actress told to look sickly thin

Actress Emily Blunt was shocked to be told to lose weight for her role in The Devil Wears Prada. "It's the only thing I've ever done where they wanted me to lose weight. This woman asked, 'How much do you weigh?' and when I told her she made a face and said, 'You have to get in shape.' I said, 'Well, really, I think I am in shape," Blunt says. "She shook her head as if to say, 'Poor thing.' So I had to ask just how thin she wanted me to be, she said, 'On-the-edge-of- sickness thin,' so I figured, 'Great, I'll call you from [the Emergency room]."

source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This character is supposed to be on the verge of sickly thin. They should have cast someone who already looks like that.

Anonymous said...

Emily, darling-
at least the movie is a hit...sucks to "go on the best diet- don't eat anything and just when you're about to pass out, eat a cube of cheese" only to have a flop!

loved the movie AND emily (though she'll look absolutely STUNNING once she gains the 'you poor girl...' pounds back!)- I was a real life Andy and unfortunately those jobs weren't caricatures!

Anonymous said...

Why? Thats part of her job as an actress- unless she wants to play herself the whole time.

You put on weight, you lose weight, you chage you hair etc etc. Shes getting paid enough.

Anonymous said...

Help me understand...the movie editing nowadays is supposed to be amazing where they increase the bust size of women, make people look heavier or thinner. So why do they still insist people lose so much weight if they can obviously do it with editing? I'm sure the editing and equipment is more expensive but isn't it more of a liability to insist that celebrities become so unhealthy through weight loss?

bugeyes said...

they should have cast Kate Bonesworth. That bitch is a Belsin victim.