7.04.2006

Kate's love for New Orleans

Kate Hudson is looking to buy a home in New Orleans, after falling in love with the city while filming Skeleton Key there. The actress hasn't had the courage to return since the region was devastated by hurricane Katrina, but might be househunting when she goes back later this year while on tour with husband Chris Robinson. "I felt so connected to New Orleans," she says. "I had so many friends down there. I actually have a friend who still has a house down there. But all the people who made New Orleans special to me are gone. All the people who you'd say hi to in the stores are all gone. Going back will just be really weird. I still would like to have a place down there, even if it's a place I end up rebuilding and trying to preserve. It's going to be really depressing to go back but eventually I will. I think I'll be going back sometime in the fall because Chris will be playing there."

No comments: