7.07.2006

Nicky joins the family biz

The first of Nicky Hilton's chain of boutique hotels - called Nicky O - is set to open in November in Miami's South Beach. Hilton is following in the family business in teaming up with a development group to develop five or six hotels, with the second set to open in November in Chicago. "I am a fashionista, so I wanted to bring that element into hotels," the accessory and clothing designer said. She has reportedly asked some of her friends in the design world to create suites, and Roberto Cavalli will be designing a penthouse suite at the Miami location. "I can't reveal the other names yet, but you know them," Hilton says of who else is involved. "They all have stores on Rodeo Drive. I met Robert about a year ago, and what strikes me about him is how excited he is about this. Right of the bat he had so many ideas." Rooms will reportedly rent out for $500 a night, and Hilton will design almost everything, from lobby to linens. "I definitely want to stand out and be different, and I don't feel that any hotels out there bring the fashion element into their design."

No comments: