8.17.2006

Aniston: "I'm not engaged"

In an interview with People magazine on Wednesday, Jennifer Aniston addressed recent reports that she is engaged to Vince Vaughn. "I'm not engaged and I don't have a ring and I haven't been proposed to," Aniston told the mag over the phone. "Normally we don't even acknowledge these things because they're endless. At this point, the thing that got me was that I was getting phone calls from Greece! My aunt Mary in Greece is getting accused of lying! I mean, they're getting angry... My dad calls and he says, 'Honey, it's on the CNN crawl,' and I'm going, 'Wait a second!' When it starts to travel over to the Today show and CNN and supposedly reliable and accurate news programs, then you just go, 'This is insane.' People are getting fed a lot of bull... I don't feed into that. We [her friends] don't talk about it. We don't hash it out because it's not true. The only reason I'm saying something is because if we're listening to the news, we're supposed to be believing in the news. Tabloids are going to lie all the time. You're prepared for that. But it's the news. And you think, 'Well, we need to trust what our newscasters are saying when we have this horrific situation that's actually taking place in the world, I mean, we are getting reported the truth, right? The American people need to believe [the news]. Get it together. So that's all."

No comments: