8.13.2006

Marcia Cross isn't a Barbara Walters fan

In a recent interview, Marcia Cross discussed her dislike for Barbara Walters after the View host questioned her about her sexuality. When asked about the experience on The View, Cross said:

"Honestly? I was not happy with it. I handled it very well at that time. My parents were in town. My father, who's 80-something, and my mother were in the front row of the [View] audience. When I got backstage, Barbara Walters came up to me and said, 'You know, I have to ask you about this.' And I said, 'Why do you have to ask me about this?' 'Well, it's news.' I was like, 'It's news?' At which point my publicist came in and we sorted out how to deal with it. And then, thank God - and I don't think this is always the case - my mouth and my thoughts really came together and I felt like I spoke well at the time. But I have to tell you that I am not a huge Barbara Walters fan [laughter]. That ended that for me. My dad was in the front row going like this [gestures], 'What did they say? Are you a what?' I just thought about Barbara, 'You didn't have to ask me that question. That was tabloid-y of you.' I felt like really used. So now I don't really like looking at Barbara Walters."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcia Cross should spread some juicy 'news' about Barbara Walters.

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with her, BW is tabloid trash in disguise as a serious journalist. There are more important things in the world than someone's sexual preference. And the old bag has the worst diction ever. She needs to go back to finishing school and learn to speak properly.