11.29.2006

Ben opens up to Ellen

Ben Affleck admitted to Ellen Degeneres in an interview to air today on her show that he wants more kids with wife Jennifer Garner. The couple's first child, Violet, turns one on December 1, and when asked about expanding their brood, Affleck said, "You know...sure, I would love to." The Hollywoodland actor also spoke of his time away from the spotlight in the past year or tow, admitting, "I took about a couple of years off, definitely for a full year I didn't do anything and I did this [Hollywoodland], and then the rest of the time I was directing a movie... I was a little bit exhausted of myself and my life, so I wanted to try to control it or manage it." Affleck says he wanted to figure things out for himself instead of "looking through the reflection through a magazine or being defined by somebody else," no doubt referring to his very public relationship with Jennifer Lopez. "It was good for me and good things happened for me," the Oscar-winner said of his hiatus. "It was nice."

No comments: