1.05.2007

Breakup was "devastating" for Renee

Renee Zellweger talked to Life magazine about the making of Miss Potter and her four-month marriage to country star Kenny Chesney. "It was important for me to make this film - going to work and being with my friends, getting through the days," the Oscar winner told the mag, although she wouldn't comment on whether she remains friends with the singer. "I'll tell you that I was saddened," Zellweger said. "I'll tell you that it took...it's, it's not something I could [reason] away. It's something that I'll live through, but I don't want to talk about it beyond that because it matters to me." When asked by the mag to describe the hardest part of her journey, the actress teared up as she said, "Well, I'm sure that if you buy groceries, you might have read something about it. It's not on the top of my favorite things that have ever happened. I'm not a superficial person. I don't care about what's on the grocery-store shelves. That's just salt in the wound. But it's not a television show. I lived it. [A breakup] is a very sad experience for anyone to go through, and it's not fun when people decide that it's a lovely thing to capitalize on. But you're oblivious to that because you are living the reality of the experience - which is devastating."

No comments: