1.09.2007

John Cusack can't handle Jeremy Piven's success

Jeremy Piven suggested his friendship with John Cusack has suffered with the success of Entourage. Piven and Cusack had been friends since studying acting together at Chicago's Piven Theatre Workshop, run by Piven's parents, but in a recent interview with Best Life magazine, Piven said, "No comment. I mean, you could fill in the blank, I guess," when asked how his former buddy had handled his success. After playing second fiddle to Cusack in movies such as Say Anything, Gross Pointe Blank and Runaway Jury, the Entourage actor said, "...I was always proud of him, and I was always in his corner. Always... It just says so much about a person if he has space for other people's success. I have always been so proud of my friends' success. I own that proudly because I come by it naturally. I was raised on that spirit of collaboration... You start getting into touble in life when you start comparing and contrasting your life to anyone else's. You don't win when you do that."

No comments: