1.22.2007

Mandy gets the blues

Mandy Moore admits in this month's Jane mag that she sometimes suffers from mild depression. "A few months ago I felt really low, really sad - depressed for no reason," Moore says. "I'm a very positive person, and I've always been glass-half-full. So it was like someone flipped a switch on me." The singer and actress says her split last year from Scrubs star Zach Braff wasn't necessarily the trigger. "The breakup added to what I was going through, but it's not the complete reason. It definitely doesn't help if you're already in that place," she explained. "I've been going through this really crazy time in my life. I'm asking myself life-altering questions, like 'Who am I? Where do I fit in this world? What am I doing? What do I want to do? Am I living to my full potential?'" Moore has been spotted out with DJ AM, who she is rumored to be dating, but the singer says she is uncomfortable with the dating scene. "I've tried dating a bit, and I don't like it," she says. "I know I should be putting myself out there. But I don't really think it's for me. That's not to say I'm ready to jump back into a relationship anytime soon. I'm definitely not looking. But it'd be fun to have a crush."

No comments: