2.16.2007

Gwyneth ready to get back to work

Gwyneth Paltrow showed her support for people battling cancer by hosting a diamond jewelry auction in NYC last night to raise money for Hope Lodge, which provides free housing for adult cancer patients undergoing treatment. "My life has been affected by cancer in so many different ways," said the actress, who lost her father to the disease in 2002. "When my father had cancer, he found it so isolating. It's very difficult to empathize with if you haven't gone through it." The mom of two children, Apple and Moses, with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, says she's ready to step back into the acting world. "I haven't done a real part in a long time," she said. "I'm going back to work now... When I had kids, I just wanted to be with them."

No comments: