2.03.2007

Smokin' makes Ben quit smoking

Ben Affleck credits shooting his latest film with helping him quit smoking. The new dad recently sat down with People mag and answered a few questions:

Are you enjoying awards show season? "The tilt-a-whirl is nice every now and then... But, like anything, you can overdo it."

On his Golden Globe nom: "I was very happy. My wife was up early with our child and [woke me up] to tell me I'd been nominated - and to get me to change the baby."

On playing a chain-smoking bail bondsman in Smokin' Aces: "The whole week that I shot, I smoked, like, five packs a day. By the time the movie was over, I was so sick of smoking, I just didn't want to do it anymore, and I quit. I have this celluloid record of the last time I smoked."

How was directing your brother Casey in Gone, Baby, Gone? "A pleasure. It was like directing anybody else, except I could fantasize that if it came down to it I could throttle him."

No comments: