3.12.2007

Reeg to have heart surgery

75-year-old talk show king Regis Philbin announced on this morning's Live with Regis and Kelly that he will undergo heart bypass surgery later this week. "Well, listen, I gotta tell you something... I had been feeling chest pains, you know, and, uh, shortness of breath and all those little symptoms you hear about," Philbin revealed. "Darn it, I don't want to do it. Nobody wants to do it, I guess. And I had a second opinion, I did all those things, and so they're all in agreement that it should be the bypass," Philbin told the show's audience, after explaining he'd hoped he could just have an angioplasty. "And so that's what I'm gonna do."

source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Regis, My thoughts and prayers will be with you and to let you know I will miss my morning companion who've I watched for as long as you have had the show; not to mention also meeting you in person a couple of times.You actually nicknamed me Legs but you probably don't remember me. Took a picture with you at the Jefferson Valley Mall with co-host Cindy Garvey. Wow! Long time ago. Anyway, again. Good Luck and hope to see you soon again with my morning coffee.