3.15.2007

Zoe: "The only person I've told to lose weight is my mom"

Stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe has been tapped by movie moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein to be creative consultant for Halston. The Weinsteins are expanding their empire to include fashion with the recent purchase of the iconic 70s label. As the go-to stylist for the young Hollywood set, Zoe has famously dressed Nicole Richie, Keira Knightley, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton and in the process managed to accumulate a few nasty tabloid tales. Often portrayed as a controlling influence who pushed drugs to keep her clients skinny, Zoe told the New York Times, "I've never touched a drug in my life. Until recently, I didn't even know what crystal meth was. And I haven't known the name of a diet drug since Dexatrim in the 80s. The only person I've told to lose weight is my mom." Zoe will be joined on the Halston advisory board by Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon.

No comments: