4.18.2007

Angelina: "I was very sexual in kindergarten"

Angelina Jolie admitted to being "very sexual" at a young age, and even made up a game where she would strip her clothes off in kindergarten. "I was a member of a group called the Kissy Girls," the mother of four says of her days as a wild child. "I was very sexual in kindergarten... I created a game where I would kiss boys and give them cooties. Then we would make out and we would take our clothes off. I got in a lot of trouble!" In her teens, Jolie confessed she like using knives during sex. "I had started having sex with my boyfriend and the sex and the emotions didn't feel enough," Jolie told OK! mag. "I was no longer a little girl. In a moment of wanting to feel closer to my boyfriend I grabbed a knife and cut him. He cut me back... We had an exchange of something and we were covered in blood, my heart was racing. Then whenever I felt trapped, I'd cut myself. I have a lot of scars. It was an age when I felt adventurous and after a few beers things happened." The UN worker says her days of self-mutilation ended when she adopted her first child, Maddox. "It has something to do with becoming a mother," Jolie said. "That was the biggest change in my life and made me feel complete. I learned to accept responsibility for myself, my children and my partner."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder when Angie is finally going to come clean that her hate for her father stems from sexual abuse. She certainly fits the profile. She is a freak. One of the most celebrated mentally unstable today.

Anonymous said...

Generally people who cut them self have some hidden pain they need to deal with, there is something making them numb and by cutting it makes things seem real. There are many people who do this for one reason or another. They are not freaks! I find Jolie candid and brave to share this information about herself with others who are rather ignorant about the subject. Possibly giving an angle to some who suffer on how she was able to stop. Imagine if all of us had a camera on us through our lives. What would it look like? You Angie are an amazing women and I send my love and support for your future.

Lotra 3

deemoran said...

Leave Angelina alone! We have all grown up with some type of drama or devastation in our life...who the hell do you think you are calling the incredible Angelina a freak and mentally unstable,if she were your mother/sister/wife/girlfriend would she still be those horrible names?What a pompous,zealous self righteous bastard you are Mr/Ms Anonymous.We love Angelina and support this incredibly wonderful woman in everything she has done and continues to do.She is not one of those fake people she is a true human being and we love and respect her to the fullest!signed Mz Dee M.

Anonymous said...

hmm...... odd thing to ponder.

Anonymous said...

i think she is cRaZy! cutter eh?

Anonymous said...

Freakozoid

Anonymous said...

I think Angelina is awesome. Whats in the past is in the past. Forgive and forget people! She definitly is not crazy, and who ever thinks she is must have some mental problems of their own. Lets see you give a lot of time and money to charity! Anyway Angelina Jolie rocks!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment that she likely has sexual abuse in her past. As someone who is all too familiar with the effects of sexual abuse, this is an all too familiar story. I feel very sad every time I see her on TV now.

Please don't judge what you don't know. Many who work with SA victims generally agree that survivors are not freaks or unstable, but people just like you had to learn to live with an evil situation the best they could. What you get in the end is someone with very deep wounds who will have to spend the rest of their lives undoing that damage.

Oh and for the record, I don't know of any psychologist who has found success in telling an abuse survivor to "get over it." So don't go there.

If you can't get it because you've never been there and don't want to develop any empathy, then count your blessings you've never been hurt this way and then keep your opinion to yourself. If you DO know what it's like but feel fit to judge and label instead of using what you know or have been through to show compassion and support, then shame on you.