4.18.2007

Lindsay talks rehab

More scoop from Lindsay Lohan's Allure interview, where she talked about her stint in rehab. Lohan said that after she woke up last January 17 to paparazzi both on the ground and in the air outside her house, her therapist suggested she check out the Wonderland Center. The Mean Girls star drove to the Laurel Canyon facility with a friend who had "more problems than I did," and check the place out, finding "a quiet room, all white, with parquet, and it was different! I just felt safe," Lohan says. "I thought, 'I'm going to stay here tonight.' And I stayed there. For a month. It was great." And, despite having attended AA meetings for close to a year, Lohan says, "I don't know that I'm necessarily an addict," but that she feels motivated "to keep everyone around me happy." Of her famously troubled family, the Bobby actress says, "I feel like a second parent in the sense that I helped raise my family. The fact that my sister is not here - I'm kind of angry with her. Because it freak me out." (At the time of the interview, Lohan's 13-year-old sister was at home with a headache.) "When my friends and family are around me, I feel like they're safe," the actress says. "The craziest things can happen, but it's okay." And of the gossip that she had text messaged friend Brody Jenner from rehab to say she couldn't wait to have "sex and McDonalds" again, Lohan laughs, then admits, "I'm a sexual person - everyone is, I think. And once a month I'm a McDonald's person. Everything in moderation."

No comments: