5.14.2007

Lily Allen in tears over weight

British singer Lily Allen posted a depressing message on her MySpace page on Saturday, lamenting her supposed weight issues and claiming to have succumbed to "the evil machine" of body image obsession. I guess that's what happens when you spend too much time in the U.S. The message reads:

"fat, ugly and shitter than winehouse
that is all i am, im on my own in america again. I used to pride myself on being strong minded and not being some stupid girl obsessed with the way I look. I felt like it didnt matter if I was a bit chubby cause, im not a model, I'm a singer. Im afraid I am not being strong and have fallen victim to the evil machine. I write to you in a sea of tears from my hotel bed in Seattle, I have spent the past hour researching gastric bypass surgery, and laser lipo suction."
The message marks a change in attitude for the Smile singer, who has spoken out against weight issues in the past and launched a clothing line designed with "real women" in mind earlier this month in England called Lily Loves. Just last week Allen told Grazia mag, "Kate [Moss]'s clothes are just for skinny, perfect girls. I won't be buying any... My bum and legs are revolting, which is why I wear dresses all the time. And I put in wider straps to hide the arm bits we all hate. I was really excited about doing my collection because I know what it's like to feel uncomfortable in clothes." Buck up, Lily, celebrity nation thinks you're lovely as you are.

No comments: