6.05.2007

Angelina prefers activism to acting

Angelina Jolie would rather been known as an activist than an actress - which is good, since she's much better at the former. "I have no animosity toward Hollywood or the demands of the red carpet, all that silliness," Jolie tells Esquire mag. "That's my job, and I'm happy to have it. But when I die, do I want to be remembered as an actress? No. I recently did an op-ed column published in a newspaper. And at the end, it didn't say I was an actress. It said that I was a UN goodwill ambassador - that's all. And I was really proud... I entered this business before I had focus and purpose in my life. I was very unhappy, very unhealthy, and when I sat down for an interview, I didn't know why. I felt like I didn't have anything to share. It was a very empty time." Of her home life with partner Brad Pitt and their four children, Jolie says, "We don't go to parties. We hardly ever leave the house. We try to schedule some time when we're alone... Some people have their lives together and then they have their children. Brad and I are starting with the children and are planning to have our time together in our later years."

No comments: