6.27.2007

Nicole in Nylon

Nicole Richie spoke to Nylon mag about her celebrity, past drug use and whether she's a role model (though she didn't address rumors she is pregnant with boyfriend Joel Madden's child). A few highlights:

On her celebrity status: "I don't have a clue why I'm famous. I didn't make myself famous... You're doing it. I think people just want to say, 'Oh, she doesn't have a job she doesn't do anything.' They get off on that. But I do have a job, like everyone else."

Oh her past drug use: "When I pictured heroin, I pictured some crazy crackhead with no shoes under a bridge. You never think that is going to be you. And it never was me. I was never under a bridge, and I always had shoes."

On being a role model: "I don't walk around pretending that I'm perfect, so I don't think anyone should hold me to that. The dangerous thing is that there are 16, 17, 18 year olds that people consider to be role models. I'm so happy I wasn't famous back then. You'd think I was the f***ing devil."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the drugs affected the thought-process side of the brain. She really doesn't make any sense; at least in these excertps she doesn't.