7.25.2007

Baby with Eddie was planned, says Mel B

New mom Melanie Brown says her daughter Angel was completely planned with then-boyfriend Eddie Murphy, and that the two were also planning to wed. "This was a completely planned pregnancy," Brown tells Essence.com. "This wasn't some random, 'Oops I fell over and I'm pregnant.' I don't live my life like that. I'm a responsible parent and have been a responsible parent since I got divorced [from Jimmy Gulzar in 1999]. As soon as I had my IUD removed we proceeded to get pregnant. It happened quicker than we expected but it was perfect timing." Of Murphy's denials about the paternity of the child on Dutch television, Brown says, "I laughed because that wasn't the guy that I knew who told me he wanted to have a baby and get married. I just didn't believe it. When I saw it my heart dropped down to my gut." Of her relationship with the comedian, Brown says, "There were certain things that went on in his house with his lifestyle that I wasn't prepared to be a part of. I have a baby with this guy so I have to be somewhat respectful. I'll simply say that there were lifestyle changes that he would have to make if we were going to live together and do it properly. I have a house where it's about my kids and me. I don't have people knocking on my door at 3 and 4 in the morning."

No comments: