12.06.2007

Eva bares all for PETA

What's not on Eva Mendes's Christmas list this year? A fancy fur coat. The actress has signed on to be the newest face – and body – of PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign. The We Own the Night star joins glamour girls Alicia Silverstone, Christina Applegate, Christy Turlington and Pamela Anderson, who've all previously stripped down for the animal-rights group. In a Q&A with PETA, the actress said she hasn't worn fur since her very first movie premiere, when her stylist sent her a fur wrap for the evening and Mendes "ignorantly wore it." PETA, she said, wrote her a "beautiful letter to comment on my less-than-educated choice. I was so impressed that I vowed to them and myself to never wear real fur ... again." She added: "Personally, I think wearing a baby chinchilla says, 'I'm ignorant,' [not] 'I'm badass.'"

No comments: