2.06.2008

Vanity Fair Cancels Its Oscar Bash



After this year's Academy Awards, the celebrities may be clutching their statues but they won't be partying it up at the Vanity Fair event that follows the awards ceremony every year. To show its sympathy for the striking writers, the magazine has decided to call off the star-studded celebration. Vanity Fair's editor, Graydon Carter, said canceling is the right thing to do, regardless of whether or not there is a breakthrough in talks between the Writers Guild Of America and production companies before the Feb. 24 ceremony.

“A magazine like Vanity Fair is a group of writers and artists, and we are in solidarity with the writers and artists out there,” Carter said. “Whether the strike is over or not, there are a lot of bruised feelings. I don’t think it’s appropriate for a big magazine from the East to come in and pretend nothing happened.”

This would have been the magazine's 15th annual party. Among last year's A-list revelers were Martin Scorsese, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta, Beyonce, Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Peter O'Toole, and Victoria Beckham.



1 comment:

nkri said...

nice blog guys.see also other gossip here :
http://gallerycelebrities.blogspot.com/