8.16.2006

Gwyneth ready for a comeback

Gwyneth Paltrow told Harper's Bazaar that she is ready to get back to work after taking a two year hiatus to spend time with her family. "For a long time I thought, 'I've done it. I've done what I wanted to do. I'm not interested. I just want to be home with my family,'" the Oscar-winning actress said. "I had no spark for work, but I feel the feeling back. And I'm excited about the prospect. I want to do something kind of fun. I don't want to do anything depressing or mad. I want to do a really great, funny, weird character." Paltrow says her family is "a total joy" and a major time commitment. "I do not know how single mothers have more than one child with no help. I requires so much of my life, and I don't have to change sheets and clean toilets, you know," she says. The Proof actress and famous husband's home in London helps keep them away from paparazzi. "We have a gate and a car. It's easier to control it a bit more. I just hope the paparazzi thing continues in the way it's been going, which is with less interest in people like me and more interest in people like Nicole Richie - who I think is an excellent dresser, by the way. She's super cute. It's really fair that the press attention goes to those who want it and court it. I think that's great."

No comments: