8.16.2006

Nicole defends herself against a paparazzo

Nicole Richie lost it with the paparazzi this weekend when a photographer commented on her weight. Richie and a friend had been shopping at a Malibu boutique when a photographer yelled, "Nicole, you look disgusting. Gain some f***ing weight!" A short while later and in tears, Richie confronted the photog in his car. The Simple Life star talked to US Weekly about why she was shaken by the incident. "You don't scream at people that are overweight, so what makes people think that they have the right to scream at me that I am underweight?" she said. "It's upsetting and mean. I am not anorexic. At the moment, I was just sick of everyone constantly bothering me about how I look. I walked up to the photographer and told him, 'What if I really had anorexia? What if I had a disease? How would you feel about saying such horrible things?' He probably just wanted to get a rise out of me, but I'm a human being and he hurt my feelings."

1 comment:

ciara said...

Yay for Nicole!I am glad that she put that ***hole in his place.She's right nobody would ever go up to a fat person in the street and say to her "Lose some ****ing weight,Lard Ass!"I can just imagine the furor that would cause.But if she is small and slender,well that's okay.Maybe that guy is jealous? Maybe he was thinking of his own wideload at home i.e. his wife/girlfriend? And wishing she could look a little more like Nicole.In any case that SOB was just trying and succeeded in getting a rise out of poor Nicole."I made Nicole Richie cry!Am I not a man?" "Highfive me everyone!" I am small too,about 5'1 and even though nobody has come up to me and made derogatory remarks about my weight(because I'm not a celebrity)I do get alot of dirty looks.I for one think that Nicole Richie looks very pretty.:)