5.18.2007

Nick Carter hopes to do good for the U.N.

Looks like Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is trying to make over his image - with a United Nations gig. Carter will be helping raise awareness of threats to the survival of dolphins in the wild for the U.N. Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society. "People like Bono, Angelina Jolie, and Nicole Kidman have inspired me to put my celebrity to good use," Carter says. "I have the advantage of reaching multiple generations to make a difference... I am really excited, but also a little nervous about this much responsibility...it is an actual job. There are responsibilities and commitments that I must make to be the voice of dolphins, whales and conservation issues, and expectations are quite large."
source

No comments: