6.10.2007

Paris gets visitors; will not appeal sentence

Paris Hilton was visited by her sister Nicky and ex-boyfriend Stavros Niarchos on Sunday in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility's medical ward. The pair spent about half an hour with the jailed heiress before leaving through a throng of photographers and without making comment to reporters. Hilton issues a statement on Saturday announcing her intention to serve out the remainder of her sentence without filing an appeal. "Today I told my attorneys not fo appeal the judge's decision. While I greatly appreciate the Sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge," she said. "Being in jail is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience. As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistake. I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming. I must also say that I was shocked to see all the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she so totally did not write that load of crap.